Friday 18 May 2018

Aster Garden - Light Version

Hello friends!


Today I'm sharing a May Reveal Card for SparkleNSprinkle!  As you recall, last week I shared my Dark Version of the Aster Garden Stamp Set. Well, this week I have the opposite! I created a "Light Version" as well!

First up (like always!)....my SparkleNSprinkle Supply List:


Onto the card tutorial!


So, this was another "Mixed Media" project for me...and it started with PHOTO PAPER!  Yes, shiny, glossy photo paper. I used a 4.25x11 sheet of paper to start with (I knew I was going to make multiple cards from this background!  I grabbed my brand new Nuvo Shimmer Powder in Atlantis Burst and started to play! First, I misted the photo paper with water and then I sprinkled on my Shimmer Powder!  Look at how it reacts with the water!  You don't need much - it is highly concentrated!  You can grab an Aqua Painter brush and move the powder around too (like watercolor!). 





You can see in these photos how I moved the color around! 

  

This was the dried effect:

  

I also sprayed on some Nuvo Mica Mist in Turkish Rose! SOoo pretty!


Next, I used my Nuvo Masking Fluid!  This stuff is pretty cool. You literally drop it wherever you want the color to remain underneath (hence, the MASK!). Set it aside to let it dry, then you can layer whatever you want on top. You will then peel off the mask (it's a latex type product so it will just pull off when dry). Pretty cool!




Dripping the Masking Fluid on! 


This is the dried Masking Fluid - you can see how it turned more clear and rubber looking!

I took my Fresh Pear Mica Mist and sprayed that over top of everything.

  

Then I simply peeled off the "masks" :) 

  

PHEW!  That was a lot of photos - but I really wanted to showcase the background!  It was so much fun to make!

The rest of the card came together quite quickly. I embossed the Asters using Versamark Ink and Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I took another piece of white cardstock and embossed the Aster one more time with Versamark Ink and Magic Speckle Embossing Powder! SOO pretty! The sentiment was stamped with Versamark Ink and Gold Detail Embossing Powder.  I randomly sprinkled on more Magic Speckle Embossing Powder and heat from underneath - giving a more random look and feel. A light wash of the Atlantis Burst Shimmer Powder was added on the seniment as well!  I used Black Cardstock to back all the white layers and 1/4" Tear-ific Tape to hold everything together.

  

Finally, Nuvo Glitter Drops in Sunlit Meadow and Blue Lagoon were added to accent everything. Prepare yourself for more photos! :)


 
 

 


SOOO - I hope you like this photo loaded tutorial!  Remember to comment both HERE and on the main SNS Blog Post too to be entered in our monthly contest! 

Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate all of your comments!
See you soon, 

Jess


2 comments:

  1. This card is so
    full of lovely
    items to look
    at! Love the
    colors and the
    embossing.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is absolutely gorgeous
    love it

    ReplyDelete