Friday 1 December 2017

SparkleNSprinkle - Botanical Orchid

Hello crafty friends!




I'm here with a really cool looking card today that I designed for SparkleNSprinkle! This card features the new release stamp set called "Botanical Orchid". Surprise!  NOT another Christmas Card today! :)  This stamp set is sooo pretty and great for a variety of occasions!  


Dark cards can be so hard to photograph sometimes! So here is another angle:




As you can see, I created this card using a base of BLACK cardstock!  Not your usual choice when coloring, but I keep seeing this technique floating around so I wanted to give it a try!  First, I stamped my Orchid image onto the black cardstock using Versamark Ink and embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. I added a few more flowers to the corners at random and did the same thing - stamp with Versamark and emboss with Gold Detail Embossing Powder. Isn't it amazing how all the light lines show up so well with the DETAIL Embossing powders? SO pretty!  Once I was done coloring, I cut out the panel I wanted.


Next, I really had to put my skills to work as I pulled out my Prismacolor Pencils and started coloring. I guess I should have kept track of each number of the pencils I was using, but I forgot to do that! :)  I know I used lots of purples and blues - I hope that helps!

 


Once that was completed, I had to decide on my sentiment! I love the "LOVELY YOU" saying and I wanted it to stand out, but not block, my background. I had some of the Hailstorm Craft Perfect paper still on my desk from my previous project, so I die cut a circle of that.  I stamped the "Lovely You" sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock using Versamark Ink and embossed with Antiquities Embossing Powder. I wanted it to be a tad different from th egold embossing on the flowers. I still wanted something else around the sentiment, so I used the "tips" of the flowers to add a border around the sentiment, stamping with Versamark Ink. I used Firefly Embossing Powder to add a very subtle hue. So pretty!


For the background, I wanted to use some of the really neat Craft Perfect Papers - so I chose the Crushed Metal to match the dark panel on the front. White mats were used to contrast the rich starkness of the dark panels and Craft Perfect Panel.  A tiny bit of pull ribbon was added around the front panel to add a bit of contrast and I tied on the sentiment with a thin piece of string. Cute! :)  Of course all my layers were adhered using 1/4" Tear-ific Tape - your craft room staple item! 

Finally, Crystal Drops in Crushed Grape, Violet Galaxy and Sweet Lilac were added for detail.


I hope you enjoyed the techniques I used on this card and I encourage you to go out and try them!  I would love to hear what you think of my creation, so feel free to leave a comment below!

See you really soon!

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! This is like a stained glass masterpiece. I love the rich, decadent colors, the shimmer, and your sentiment is showcased so perfectly. Wow! A stunner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Show stopper for sure! I keep forgetting to use my Prisma Color Pencils and I TRULY LOVE THEM! Thank you for reminding me about their creamy, waxy quality, and that it works well with any color CS. BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Jess! xx

    ReplyDelete