Wednesday 20 December 2017

Creative Knockouts Challenge #225 - Tis the Season

Hello crafty friends!

It's time for a new challenge over at Creative Knockouts Challenge #225!  Our theme this week is "Tis the Season".  SOOO off I went to create another Christmas Card :)

Here is what I created:



This card was really fun to create!  I had borrowed an old Stampin' Up! Christmas Stamp from a friend of mine and had this exact card in mind. I started off by stamping it in Versamark Ink and embossing the image with SparkleNSprinkle's White Detail Embossing Powder. Once it was heat set and cooled, I started my watercolor background. I used the Nuance Watercolor Powders in Aquamarine and Cerulean Blue to create the background. SOO pretty!  Once it was dry, I sprinkled on some SparkleNSprinkle Super Thick White Embossing Powder and heat set from beneath the card to melt. It created a snowfall effect.



To finish off my "snowy" scene, I applied a good thick band of Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive along the bottom of the deer. I sprinkled on the Super Thick White Embossing Powder and heat set. The heat combined the glue & embossing powder into a perfect "snow". It was exactly the effect I was looking for!  I finished off the Greeting Card by stamping the sentiment in Versamark Ink and embossing with Nautical Embossing Powder. Nuvo Glitter Drops in Honey Gold were added to the corners and the sentiment for a hint of sparkle and I tied some gold flecked bakers twine around the card. 


I hope to see you at the challenge! :)

Until next time,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment