Friday 26 August 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - Pool Friends

Hello friends!




I'm back today with a new card for SparkleNSprinkle.  This time, I used the new release stamp set called "Pool Friends" to create a fun shaker card!  Let's go!

SparkleNSprinkle Supply List:


Step 1:
Stamp image onto white cardstock using Memento Ink and color. I used our Pearlescent Watercolors and an aquabrush to paint mine.




Step 2:
Create your "window".  To start, I took a 4x5.25 piece of blue cardstock and used an embossing folder to add some dimension.  I took a second piece of the same sized blue cardstock and cut out the window using an oval die & my Big Shot machine.  I cut a piece of Embossable Acetate to 4X5.25.  The colored image was centered where I wanted it to show through and adhered using 1/4" Tearific Tape to the background piece.  Next, I attached my Embossable Acetate to the underside of the "window" piece using 1/4" Tearific tape.  

I added the Foam roll all around the very outside edge of the base (I cut the roll in half to make it skinnier so it wouldn't "peek" into my window.  I added my sequins and then attached the top panel carefully so the Foam Roll wouldn't show through. So far, so good!




Step 3: Embellish!
I stamped out 5 beach balls using Memento Ink, watercolored and fussy cut them out.  To add more sparkle,  I took my Quicky Glue Pen and added some Margarita Glitter to some of the beach balls.  I stamped out the drinks & sentiment and followed the same procedure (watercolor, Margarita Glitter and trim). I adhered the sentiment and some of the beachballs using Foam Squares (adds dimension!) and the rest was adhered using Tear-ific Tape. I also added a piece of pull ribbon to the sentiment using a mini stapler. I didn't pull it, just cut a small piece and formed a small loop.

Finally, I doodled around the outside edge using my Quicky Glue Pen and sprinkled on Margarita Glitter.  The entire "shaker" was then adhered to a piece of 4.25X5.5 Zeus Gold Carstock using 1/2" Tearific Tape.  









See how simple a shaker card can be?  

I hope you enjoy this card and pick up some of the supplies I used to create it from the shop.

Until next time,

Jess

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!! I am in love with that Margarita glitter!!! Perfect! This card is really fun.

    ReplyDelete