Friday 13 May 2016

Just Go Fishing


Hello friends!





I'm back with another fun creation for SparkleNSprinkle, featuring the new Stamp Set called "Just Go Fishing".

I really love these stamps - so versatile and perfect for Father's Day!

Here is my supply list:





I first started by printing off the Digital Image. I cut it to 3.75X5 inches.  To paint the background, I gently sprinkled on the Ultramarine Blue Watercolor Powder, then took an AquaPainter brush to move the color around.  I think it created such a pretty background!  I adhered all my layers using Tear-ific Tape.




I added 2 more layers of cardstock to add some dimension.  I cut the Embossable Acetate to 5.5X4.25 - to cover the entire card front.  I swiped the entire piece of Acetate with the Anti-Static Bag.  I used Versamark to stamp the hoenycomb image from Journal Mixed Media to the corners.  I think it kind of looks like fishermen's nets!  Then I sprinkled on the White Detail Embossing Powder and heat set carefully (making sure not to melt the acetate!).




To make my brads, I used my Tweezers to hold the brad firmly.  I dipped the top into Versamark Ink, then dipped it into my Ocean Embossing Powder.  I heat set carefully and then quickly (while still warm!) re-dipped it into the embossing powder, heat setting a second time.  I love that you can create any color brad you want using this method!  

I let each brad cool down (be careful - they can get very hot!).  To attach the Acetate layer to my card, I simply punched holes in each corner of my cardfront (including the Acetate) and used the Brad to attach it.  





I fussy cut out my sentiment and then covered the entire piece with Versamark and Clear Detail Embossing Powder.  Once heat set, I attached to my cardfront using Tear-ific Tape.





I hope you enjoyed this card!

Until next time,

Jess

2 comments:

  1. Fun card Jess! Really like the addition of the "nettting" made with the embossed acetate - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another amazing card! The fishnet embossed over acetate is awesome, and the Ocean embossing powder is magnificent! Everything works so well together. So cool!

    ReplyDelete