Friday 7 October 2016

SparkleNSprinkle - Elephant Christmas Slider Card


Hello friends!


I'm here with another gorgeous creation for SparkleNSprinkle.  We had sooo many amazing stamps to choose from this month.  This super fun slider card was created using Elephant Christmas, some of the amazing new Nuvo Gilding Flakes AND Glimmer Paste!  



Let's get started!

Supply List:
Elephant Christmas Stamp Set #802
Versamark Ink - VM001
White Cardstock
Green Cardstock

Step 1 - Stamp and color your images.  
I stamped the elephant, the tree and the stockings onto white cardstock, then colored with my TwinTouch Markers. I then fussy cut everything out into parts (the stamp is a solid image - so I thought this was a great way to change up the image! :)  I did my stamping using Onyx Black VersaFine Ink .





  

Step 2 - Add some SPARKLE! 
For this tree, I added the NEW Moonstone Glimmer Paste to the bottom of the tree  and the elephant's Santa Hat using a small spoon.  It was dry in about an hour or so (leave over night for complete curing). I added some of the Sparkling Snow Semi-Transparent Glitter &  Inference Glitter to the ornaments using the Small Nuvo Glue Pen.   I also used Rhubarb Crumble Nuvo Crystal Drops on some of the ornaments and the stocking decoration. Puffy liquid applique was applied to the stocking tops.


Step 3 - Background

To create my card front background, I ran the Nuvo Large Glue Pen around the outside edge and let dry.  Then I got to play with my Silver Bullion Gilding Flakes!  Oh what fun!  You simply sprinkle all over the adhesive, rub on gently and brush away the excess. P.S.  Don' sneeze when you have the lid open!  Flakes everywhere! LOL


  

Step 4 - create your slider panel.
I used 2 pieces of white cardstock (cut the same size). I punched out the "slider" area using a window punch.  Then I applied foam adhesive all around the edges of the panel and right along where I wanted my slider to be.  I took a penny and applied a small piece of the foam on the back of the penny. Placing it in the slider hole, flip over the panel, then adhered the little elephant image on the front side of the penny. Remove all the foam tape backing and add your second piece of white cardstock (this closes the entire slider back). 

   

Step 5 - Decorate the front!

All I did was simply place my trimmed images on the card front to make my scene.  I wanted the elephant to look like it was hanging an ornament on the tree :)  I did a little swirl embellishing using the Small Nuvo Glue Pen and the Inference Gold Glitter.  The sentiment actually came from the July Release stamp called "The Christmas Skate". It was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Christmas Fire Embossing Powder.  I popped it up with a bit of Foam tape :)  I adhered the fussy cut images with 1/2" Tear-ific Tape and then added the whole white panel to the Green Card Front.





I hope you enjoy my cute Slider Card and are inspired to go and create your own! 

Have a great weekend (Happy Thanksgiving if you are in Canada!)





1 comment: